Saturday, January 24, 2015

People Are Strange -- The Doors

Last night I had the weirdest dream. We were at a ball game. We had gone to the concession stand before finding seats. I led the way up the bleachers juggling drinks and popcorn, and trailing two girls and Mom. As we began to take our seats near the other girl scout/ dance team/ cheerleaders moms, they give me this look and Candy stage whispers, "You told us your Mom was dead."

I looked at her for a second, trying to understand. I looked over my shoulder at Mom, and she shrugged and smiled. I gave her a look that said, "Mom! what are you doing here!? I told them all you were dead. Now they think I'm some kind of pathological liar!"

But she just smiled at me, her hair was short and her face was plump and young, just like a picture in a photo album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Reactions?