Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Jesus Is Just Alright -- The Doobie Brothers [3]

So I have decided that reading the King James Bible is like reading Dante's Divine Comedy without the  footnotes. It makes a good story, but phrases have different meanings. While reading through my own Bible I found this:

Ecclesiastes Chapter 11 Verse 3
"If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be."

It reminded me of, "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

And also a bit like, "Wherever you go, there you will be." 

I don't want to write about religion anymore. I am abandoning the issue. There are so many things that people want to argue about regarding religion. 

I will leave you with this one final thought to ponder, to study, to pass off--if need be:

How many people throughout history have been killed because of religion?


"No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!"--Monty Python

2 comments:

  1. I decided why argue the Bible. You either believe what it says or you don't. So arguing your perception of what is "true" is as "bad" as forcing onto other what "you believe is true."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not forcing anything onto others. My perception of the Bible is what it is. Everyone's perception of the Bible, like anything else, is different. If what you are saying I'm doing by voicing my opinion is "as 'bad' as forcing onto other[s] what" I believe is true then alllllrriiiggghhhttyyyy then. Just one thing, a quote from my journal: "Let us live what we believe." I can believe anything that I want, whether it's part of the Bible or the whole fucking thing, but what believe in and what I write is my business and if you don't like it you don't have to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Reactions?